» Covid-19 - Surveyors as an essential service Important Information

As per the information released by the Alberta Government and Alberta Land Surveyors Association, Surveyors are considered an essential Service. Alberta Land Surveyors, such as those at Axiom Geomatics, continue to be available to safely complete Real Property Reports (RPR) for Real Estate transactions. Although most work performed by surveyors is unaffected by the pandemic situation some modifications to our processes were inevitable. The biggest change relates to surveying the common wall, often called a party wall, between duplexes and row homes. Previously this common wall location would have been surveyed, however given the current health concerns we will not be entering people's houses. The location of this wall will be estimated from the outside and a note to this effect will be placed on the Real Property Report.

These are challenging times for everyone, Axiom Geomatics is doing its part to serve all Albertans during this difficult time. It is also expected that there will be changes to the process for submitting the Real Property Reports to municipalities, we will keep you updated on these changes as we learn about them.If you have any questions or concerns about your RPR please feel free to reach out .

Alberta Toll-Free 1-877-305-0380
Red Deer 587-318-3444
Calgary 587-315-5007

Utility Construction Surveys Calgary & Area

A Utility Construction Survey is a municipal survey that determines the location and depth of new utilities on a property. These utitlies include fiber-optic lines, power, water and sewage lines and natural gas lines.

Appropriate planning for placement of utilities is required because placing certain services at too shallow a depth will cause major problems, e.g. a water or sewer line buried above the frost-line will freeze and explode.

Surveyors at Axiom Geomatics are specially trained in three-dimensional (3-D) survey techniques to ensure deep and shallow services are appropriately located.


Do you survey and mark existing utility lines?

No. In Alberta there is a service, Alberta One Call, that will take care of this need free of charge, just call them at least a week before you plan on digging.